Make a gift in your will
It’s easy to make or alter a Will, and most charitable donations in the UK are free from inheritance tax. So making a gift to us in your Will, however small, is a simple and cost-effective way to show you care for the Cathedral and all it stands for.
Why make a Will?
Although it’s easy to put it off, the decision to make a Will and keep it up to date can:
- Set your mind at rest and ensure your assets go to the people and causes closest to your heart
- Make life easier for those you leave behind by avoiding confusion and misunderstanding
- Avoid a situation where your estate is divided up by the courts, not you.
Why consider Winchester Cathedral?
You may have practical or emotional links with the Cathedral – perhaps you’ve been here for a wedding or other special service, attended as a member of the congregation or worked as a volunteer. Or you may just want to show your support for our work.
Whatever your reason, you’ll be making an enduring legacy to this ancient and special place that will help ensure its future.
If you wish to support us, all you need to do is:
- Instruct your solicitor or bank, whoever draws up your Will for you
- If you already have a Will, arrange for a codicil (a supplement) to be drawn up.
Many people decide to keep things simple by expressing their gift as a percentage of their estate rather than a fixed sum.
We’d be happy to talk to you further about making a gift in favour of the Cathedral in your Will – see below.
Find out more
Email Annabelle Boyes, Receiver General, or call her on 01962 857207